Monday, October 30, 2006

Your Basic Chocolate Cupcake with Vegan Fluffy Buttercream Frosting



Cookbook * Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
Recipe * Your Basic Chocolate Cupcake with Vegan Fluffy Buttercream Frosting
Yumm or Yuck? * Yumm

I need to find some neighbors with a healthy cupcake appetite. Not, mind you, because these cupcakes are bad, but rather because they are so damn good I'm destined to eat the whole batch. This is the universal problem with baking sweets, right? Back to the cupcakes. These are awesome, no words do them justice. Fluffy and tasty with creamy icing that holds up for piping. They put a smile on my face, my husband's face, and my dog's face...well, she didin't get to have any, but its the thought that counts, I mean she was Wonder Woman for a day so she can't complain. Annatto seed extract gives the icing a nice orange Halloween color, even though it doesn't ring true in the photo. "Vegan cupcake world domination?" I think so!

Kudos to the PPK gang for catapulting "vegan cupcake" into the foodie lexicon and for creating a cookbook with a user guide. Cookbook developers note - Every cookbook should have a practical user guide.I can't tell you how much I appreciate the front material on dos and don'ts and even a section to help you trouble shoot problem cupcakes - you know the ones :) On their recommendation, I purchased an oven thermometer for my average cookbook tester oven and even invested in a cheap, shiny, aluminum cupcake pan the better to bake with my dear. The only thing holding me back is patience and restraint..."I will not eat the icing before I ice the cupcakes, I will not eat the cupcakes before they are iced, I will not ice the cupcakes until they are cool....repeat...I will not.."

9 comments:

Valentina said...

look great.. and yummy!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love your decorations!

Anonymous said...

OMG I want some of that frosting!!!
Amber

seattlegal said...

thanks guys - its the cookbook, not the cook on this one, i assure you!

cakebaker_cakemaker said...

I have just made these from my new little cookbook.

They look great with a high domed top. I haven't frosted them yet because they are still warm.

Just a question about another cupcake from the book if you can help me.
Have you tested the margarita cupcake?

I have without good results.
Any help would be appreciated.

Karen said...

Okay, I'm new here, so maybe that's why I'm SO confused. Where's the actual *recipe* that goes with the wonderful picture on your blog? The one that's chocolate with light orange, highly stacked, very fluffy icing with dots on it? Please help me; I must have it! Thanks!

obat herbal pasca stroke said...

cara mengatasi berbagai macam penyakit secara alami
solusi tepat untuk mengatasi berbagai macam penyakit secara alami
Obat Herbal Diabetes Melitus Mujarab Obat Herbal Klep Jantung Bocor Pada Bayi Obat Herbal Pembuluh Darah Pecah Ampuh Obat Herbal Thalasemia Paling Ampuh Obat Herbal Syaraf Kejepit Ampuh Obat Herbal Selulit Ampuh Obat Herbal Demam Berdarah Mujarab Obat Herbal Diabetes Insipidus Obat Herbal Vertigo Akut Obat Herbal Tipes Mujarab Obat Herbal Pasca Stroke

obat herbal kanker hati tanpa operasi said...

pengobatan penyakit kanker hati secara alami tanpa operasi

Obat Herbal Kanker Hati Tanpa Operasi

obat herbal kista mujarab said...

atasi penyakit kista secara alami

Obat Herbal Kista Mujarab